Advertisement

Hairy Paws

topic posted Tue, October 21, 2008 - 11:15 AM by  Wicked One
Share/Save/Bookmark
I have a Ragdoll cat who has all this hair growing out of her paws. It seems to be part of the breed's idiosyncracies. She loves it - when she jumps, she uses the pad of fur to slide on. But should I be trimming it ? Does anybody do that?

Also, she had so much hair around her butt that things were getting stuck in there, and I did have to trim a bit - it's hardly noticable. My other cat, a calico, is so trim and sleek, she doesn't have such problems. :-)
Advertisement
  • I've got a long haired cat that I found as a kitten and he's got the BIGGEST, HAIREST feet I've ever seen. I think it's probably a characteristic of some breeds and when pedigrees get mixed (like in my guy) some cats inherit the trait. It is a good thing he's laid back and doesn't mind me playing with his feet because I can't resist those wonderful furry toes!
  • I trim my hairy Christy's paws on a regular basis. When she uses the litterbox, the litter gets sucked up in the fur. Then as she wanders around the house, she leaves a trail of litter. If she gets in the box immediately after the old man, she will end up raking up his wet spot with her furry feet, and then the wet litter is matted into her feet. Therefore, she gets the trim regularly. I don't cut it all off, just the stuff that protrudes past the pads. She is so easy going (fat and lazy) that she doesn't mind sitting still for me to snip snip snip.

Recent topics in "Cat Lovers"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Our Cat was killed by Coyotes - Warning Reverend 33 July 20, 2012
"My Cat From Hell" Matthew 7 June 29, 2012
Cat Food? Frank 3 June 3, 2012
Book Recommendation Thera. It's... 8 May 11, 2012